Concession for (SC/ST)
(under Chennai college rule 9)
Students should apply with certificates to avail the following scholarships and fee concessions.
State scholarship :
- Full fee concession for (SC/ST) students. 75% of the attendance is compulsory
Central goverment and state government scholarships :
- Students who belong to Tamilnadu and very poor can avail the state scholarship for 9 months with the recommendation of the principal. Family income should be Rs.12,000/- per annum.
Scholarships by the department of (SC/ST) welfare Govt of India scholarship :
- Converted christan adi dravidar students whose parents income is below Rs.50,000/ need not pay their semester fees and special fees.
SC/ST students who stay in the hostel are offered loans and scholarships
- Undergraduates – BA, BSc & B.COM – Rs. 6500/
- Postgraduates – MA, MSc & M.COM- Rs.7000/
(They are exempted from special fees, tuition fees and examination fees.)
MBC scholarships(no income limitation for the MBC students-free education)
BC students scholarships.
- MBC students to avail concession on books and hostel fees their parents income should not exceed Rs.50,000/-
- MBC should fill up the forms and apply for that .
- BC students whose parents income is below Rs.1,00,000/- and who is the first graduate in their family can avail free education. (they are expmpted from special fees, tuition fees and examination fees.)
EVR Nagammai plan
- Students whose parents’ income is below Rs.1,00,000/- can avail BC scholarship.
Few other scholarships are :
- Under EVR Nagammai plan , BC and FC students whose parents’ income is below Rs.24,000/- can avail the above. They are exempted from paying the tuition fees.
- Scholarship for physically handicapped.
- Scholarship for Indians from Srilanka
- Scholarship for Indians send from Burma
- Scholarship for students who are children of Ex servicemen former soldier / late Ex servicemen
- Fee concession for students of governments servants who expired during the service.
by government of India.
- Hindi scholarship for students in the state where hindi is not the state language, students who opted hindi for the first language are who took hindi as their main subject are offered their scholarship by government of India.