About The Department
- In 1948 BA Mathematics degree course has been introduced.
- In 1949 BA Mathematics degree course has been renamed as BSc Mathematics with allied subjects.
- In 1969 Tamil Medium in BSc Mathematics was Started.
- In 1984 MSc Degree course has been introduced.
- In 1987-1988 Academic year college has been received the Autonomous Status.
- In 1994 M Phil Mathematics course was introduced
- In 2007 Shift II BSc Mathematics English Medium was introduced.
- In 2012 both Full time and Part time Ph. D Course was introduced
- In 2015 college Centenary year has been celebrated.
- In the same year college was awarded 'A' Grade by NAAC
Mathematics crosses boundaries in a way no other technical subjects can.So it is our vision to mould our students and make them learn concepts of nature and structure of Mathematics in order to apply it in day to day life
The Department motivates the students to apply various mathematical techniques. It enables them to become lifelong learners and achieve perfection in their chosen professions.
UG Program in Mathematics is designed to equip an individual with fundamental basic concepts of Mathematics, nurture the problem solving skills and logical thinking. It prepares and motivates the students to the self learner and effective communicator of Mathematical ideas.The program also gives abundant opportunities to pursue disciplinary cum systematic learning and explore the communication skills.
PG program In Mathematics is designed to create an individual with very high Knowledge in Mathematical concepts, understanding of fundamental axioms in Mathematics and capability of developing ideas based on them. It Inculcates logical thinking and mathematical reasoning ability.It prepares and motivate the students towards research in Mathematics and the related fields.